Avoid Delays! Create Your FOIA Demand Online
Throughout the nationwide COVID-19 reaction, our ability to process paper FOIA requests and deliver records by mail may be significantly paid off.
Use our online FOIA system to demand:
- Your very own immigration record,
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record, or
- Non-A-File information such as for example policies, information, or communications.
We shall upload our reaction to your demand in your USCIS on line account and notify you.
Get the reaction faster, keep our workforce safe, and minimize the spread of COVID-19 by simply making your FOIA request on line.
Records You Can Easily Request from USCIS
- Your immigration record;
- Another personвЂ™s immigration record; or
- Non-A-File information such as for instance USCIS policies, information, or communications.
To Get Your Records as Efficiently as you possibly can
- Look at the USCIS Electronic checking Room to verify we now have perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps perhaps not already posted the records you may need.
- Make the right agency to your request by reviewing the sections below. We would not have all immigration documents.
- Demand just the documents you want, once we can get back requests that are precise.
Request records online to immediately:
- Ensure you get your demand lined up for processing;
- Understand we received your demand; and
- Be notified as soon as we plan your demand.
On line records are really easy to:
- Access from the phone, tablet, or computer;
- Forward to a different individual; and
- Down load and printing.
Current average FOIA request times that are processing
The status of one’s FOIA documents request
Go to the Check Request reputation web web web web page, scroll down, and enter your FOIA control quantity
Documents which can be significantly more than a century old
Details about our process that is FOIA or
Documents on the part of person in Congress
Immigration records by techniques aside from our online system
Requesting documents by e-mail, fax, or mail shall postpone our reaction to you. Use our online FOIA system to get documents in a quicker, more convenient online format.
You should if you need to request records by mail:
- Complete and sign Form G-639, Freedom of Information/Privacy Act Request (PDF, 384.25 KB) after reading its directions (PDF, 241.33 KB)
- Draft a request documents which contains your full name, mailing target, date of delivery, host to delivery, and a signature this is certainly notarized, or one that’s finalized under penalty of perjury.
Then deliver your demand to USCIS by:
- Fax at 816-350-5785;
- Mail at: Nationwide Records Center (NRC) FOIA/PA Workplace P.O. Box 648010 Lee’s Summit, MO 64064-8010
Making your demand by some of these practices will demand which you:
Available records under part 508 for the Rehabilitation Act
- Topic line “FOIA Disability Rooms”
- Your title
- A telephone number where you could be reached
- Your FOIA Control Quantity
We will contact one to help.
The more accurate you will be making your demand, the greater effectively the records can be returned by us you’ll need.
You should check the status of a current FOIA demand regarding the Check reputation of FOIA Request web web page.
Certain papers from an immigration file (A-File)
Simple demand, therefore it is prone to go quickly.
Involved request, therefore our review will more than likely just take a significant length of time.
In the event that you request вЂњthe application and all sorts of supporting documents,вЂќ our review will demand more hours than an ask for a document that is specific.
An A-File as quickly as possible, since you have actually a planned hearing by having an immigration judge.
Priority demand, you must consist of a duplicate of just one associated with after types, released by the Department of Homeland safety or Department of Justice, along with your demand:
If you want to dispute a USCIS FOIA request, please go to the internet site associated with working office of Government Ideas Services (OGIS). OGIS provides mediation between FOIA requestors and agencies that are federal.
USCIS doesn’t have all immigration documents, therefore make sure to make your demand to your agency that is right.
Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC)
Applications from U.S. residents for U.S. passports
Visa demands from noncitizens to go into the U.S.
When you have questions regarding your pending FOIA/PA demand, you may possibly:
- Phone the USCIS Contact Center at 800-375-5283 (TTY: 800-767-1833);
- Fax questions towards the nationwide Records Center at 802-860-6908 or 816-350-5785; or
- E-mail the questions you have .
The nationwide Records Center is only able to respond to questions about FOIA/PA needs. We can’t assistance with pending applications, petitions, or every other sort of immigration matter.